TkTok has exploded in popularity over the last year, and if you're not yet obsessed with social media's new kid on the block, we're pretty sure you soon will be, with over a billion people around the world now using the app.
You might think that TikTok is dominated by teenagers and tweens lip-syncing and dancing in their bedrooms. They definitely make up a large number of the platform's users, despite 7 in 10 parents believe that their child is not safe using TikTok according to data by OnBuy.com.
But big-name celebrities are still jumping on the bandwagon, as well as those everyday users who have made a name for themselves simply by going viral with their videos, but who are the stars with the biggest and most engaged followings?
Currently the figures are as follows:
1) Liza Koshy @izzza | 18,400,000
2) Will Smith @willsmith | 17,600,000
3) Dwayne Johnson @therock | 17,500,000 followers
4) Selena Gomez @selenagomez | 16,300,000
5) Ariana Grande @arianagrande | 16,100,000
6) BTS @bts_official_bighit | 8,600,000
7) Jason Derulo @jasonderulo | 8,400,000
8) Camila Cabello @camilacabello | 6,700,000 9) Meghan Trainor @meghantrainor | 4,800,000 10) James Charles @jamescharles | 10,000,000
Recently online gambling site Party Casino took the number of followers directly from each celebrity’s TikTok account, before using Influencer Marketing Hub’s TikTok Money Calculator to find out their engagement rate and estimated earnings per post. (The engagement rate is calculated by adding the number of likes and comments and dividing by number of followers)
Their engagement was as follows:
1) Dwayne Johnson: 32.4% engagement
2) Ariana Grande: 29.9% engagement
3) BTS: 49.6% engagement
4) Meghan Trainor: 74.4% engagement
5) Jason Derulo 42.5% engagement
6) Will Smith: 19.4% engagement
7) Camila Cabello: 43.4% engagement
8) Selena Gomez: 17.6% engagement
9) Liza Koshy: 14.8% engagement
10) James Charles: 25.4% engagement